Hello and a warm welcome to
It’s less than a week to start, and yes we are looking forward to the raceday.
FOR NUMBERBIBS GO TO THE ARENA EARLY!
Open 09:00–14:00, it's recommended to obtain yours as soon as possible. To get your number-bib bring you ID.
STORA SKUGGAN, NORRA DJURGÅRDEN – BE ON TIME!
- Race area opens 09:00
- Race meeting 10:00
- Lunch opens 11:00
- Start Sprint 11:00
- Start Generation 11:05
- Race meeting Full Distance12:00
- Ceremony Sprint 12:45
- Ceremony Generation 12:45
- Lunch closes 13:00
- Ropetime/Cut-off Sprint 13:30
- Ropetime/Cut-off Generation 13:30
- Start Full Distance 14:00
- First finishers Full Distance 16:30
- Dinner opens 16:30
- Ceremony Full Distance 18:00
- Final hour start 18:30
- Ropetime/Cut-off Ugglebo 18:30
- Arena Closes 20:00
Please note that the Race meeting is mandatory. During the meeting we will present the track (some parts more thorough) and safety regulations. This is for your safety and to let you optimize your race.
The track is easy to run, just follow red and white tape and orange arrows. Every kilometer is marked by a flag. Swimming entry and exit sections are marked with beach flags.
You will find the course on our site: www.stockholmswimrun.com/stockholm/course
To the raceday make a couple of visits to our Facebook page as thats where we will publish any changes or other useful information about the race. www.facebook.com/stockholmswimrun
On the swimming sections there will be official safety boats that assist participants if problems arise. Personnel are positioned at every in- and out of the water section. If you feel unsure about the swim you are advised to swim with a kickboard and to take it easy.
FOR YOUR FANS AND SUPPORTERS
For all of you wishing to cheer below are a couple of what we think are the most accessible and enjoyable places. Our tip is that you bring along a bike to be able to catch the runners at more places.
The times below are what we appreciate the fastest team to be on each location and if you follow a specific team please talk with the team beforehand to make a somewhat own appreciation of their speed.
- Stora Skuggan. Start- and finish area, the start is at 14:00 for the Full Distance and 11:00 for the Sprint and 11:05 for Generation! The arena is behind Stockholm University and close to Stora Skuggans Wärdshus (Stora skuggans väg).
- Värdshuset Kräftan, Kräftriket. Passing between 14.30 – 15.30.
- Koppartälten café. Passing between 15.00 – 16.30.
- Ulriksdals Slottscafé. Passing between 15.30 – 17.00.
- Bockholmen. Passing between 16.00 – 18.00.
- Ropetime/Cut-off Ugglebo - 18.30.
- And back to Stora Skuggan to catch the finish. 16.30 – 19.30.
Around 16.30 we appreciate the first team to finish, be on site and cheer them on! Final hour starts 18.30 and we hope that you stay and cheer for the ones who deserves it the most! And don’t miss the prize ceremony. Food and drinks will be possible to buy on site.
Lunch is sponsored by Arla, a lighter lunch of bread, butter, cheese, ice coffee and yoghurt
Dinner is a vegan chili with nacho chips and dip, of course a finisher beer will be provided.
FINDING YOUR WAY
To get to Stockholm Swimrun is easy. To avoid problems of not finding a parking lot we would be more than happy if you leave your car at home, thank you in advance!
The best way to get to the race is by subway, red line nr 14 to Mörby Centrum, get off at Universitetet. You can also get here by Roslagsbanan or bus 40, 70, 540, 670 and 676 which all pass Universitetet. For more information: www.sl.se
From Universitetet it’s a 10 min walk.
You’ll find more maps and info on our website.
Here is a reminder of whats what regarding your equipment:
- Wetsuit – It is allowed to have a 2-piece, but not recommended. Either way it is preferably to have short arms and legs. The wetsuit must be able to withstand temperatures from 12 degrees Celsius.
- Easy accessible whistle (one per person)
- Stockholm SwimRun-cap is included in starting fee.
- Terrain shoes / Running shoes that don’t suck up to much water
- Swimming glasses
- Water bottle or camelback, especially if it’s warm weather
- Fins, maximum length 15 cm but which kind is up to you
- First aid kit
- Hand paddle
- Pull buoy
- Floating devices max: 100cm x 60 cm
- Elastic towing rope
- Energybars and drinks
All other types of equipment than listed above must be approved by the registration office in good time before 12:00.
To maintain a good level of security there are certain places listed below that you must pass before the listed time. Teams that haven’t been able to make the cut time will be taken of the track and are not allowed to stay in the race.
- Kräftriket - 16.10 (Checkpoint and Cut-off by the drink station)
- Lings Grav - 17.20 (Cut-off before entering the swimming distance)
- Uggleviken - 18.30 (Cut-off before entering the swimming distance)
- Finish - 19.30
There is a bagdrop in the arena, you will receive a token when you give your bag to the bagdrop. Any lost tokens will result in waiting to closing before you are able to get your bag. Any unclaimed items will be kept at Drive Reklam, Observatoriegatan 3 for two weeks then given to charity.